||Date of Appointment
||Buildings & Grounds
|| Vice Chair
The Governors of the school are like a Board of Directors. They oversee what the school does and makes sure that it is working effectively and meet at least twice a term at school.
Parents can contact the Chair of Governors directly by leaving a message at the school.
Governors are appointed to support the school and ask questions about how it is working.
In addition they…
- Monitor standards of teaching and learning
- Interview and select staff
- Decide how the school budget is spent
- Look after the school building
- Help the school contribute to the community
- Review the head teacher’s performance
School governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They act together for the good of the school, but cannot act individually
School governors are…
- Teachers and other staff at the school
- Local council representatives
- Representatives from the community or industry
- The head teacher
- Have a child at the school
- Are elected by parents of the school
- Serve, as do other governors, for four years
Parent governors bring the views of parents to the governing body but are not delegates of the parents. If you would like to be a parent governor, please ask the head teacher or the school secretary for details.
Our clerk from September 2017 will be Judith Crimmins
- Governor Summary