Well-being at GFJS
We believe that good physical and mental well-being is vital for a happy and healthy life.
At Geoffrey Field we are committed to creating a culture where personal and social development of our children is valued and well supported.
Our aim is that that our children will flourish because they not only know how to keep themselves safe, active and healthy but have a good awareness of their own feelings, are resilient to the ups and down of life and know how to seek help if they are needing extra support at any time.
Our well-being team:
- Miss Hancock – Headteacher
- Mrs Prewett – Mental Health School Leader and PSHE Curriculum Leader
- Mrs Burton – Pastoral & Family Worker
- Mrs Harris, Miss Coleman and Mrs Swift – Pastoral Assistants/ELSAs
- Mr Marks – PE and Enrichment Lead
We have two sections related to well-being on our website – one for parents/carers and one for our children.
In the Parent/Carer section you can find out about:
- The support we can offer your child in school if they need additional pastoral or well-being support at any time whilst they are at Geoffrey Field.
- The support and advice our Pastoral and Family Worker can provide for parents/carers.
- Links to external agencies, charities and support groups
The Pupil section has a range of activities and ideas for children to access to help them maintain a positive mental well-being. This includes:
- Yoga videos
- Guided meditation
- Well-being and kindness calendars
- How to get help if children are worried or have concerns